For more than 90 years, Birmingham Civic Society has championed civic pride and worked to make Birmingham a better place for its citizens, visitors and workforce. Its work involves many activities some of which include:
– the delivery of the Birmingham Trees for Life scheme, which in December with see the planting of our 50,000th tree
– the installation of Blue Plaques and History Plates which celebrate the heritage of our city
– promoting and improving our built environment and architecture through the Renaissance Award
– stimulating the minds of young people through our Next Generation Awards
Birmingham Civic Society is a membership organisation. It reflects the diversity and uniqueness of our city, through the members – individuals and corporate.
The Society is approaching the celebration of its centenary year in 2018. It would like to review where the Society current is and set out a strategy for the next five years so that it builds upon the firm foundation of the previous 100 years of work whilst embracing and moving forward in the twenty-first century.
+PLUS 2016-2020 STRATEGY
Birmingham Civic Society would like to develop a five year strategy for the period 2016-2020. The centenary year will be the central year within the strategy plan. The strategy will ensure that there is a clear direction for the Society in building-up to 2018 as well as ensuring there is a legacy following on from the centenary celebrations.
It is essential that our members are given the opportunity to shape and inform the +PLUS strategy. There should be sufficient time and resources given within the program to consult with members – both individuals and corporate. The Society has a very active group of members who are involved in organisation and developing the Society including Trustees, Ambassadors and Committee Members. It is important that active members are included within the consultation. The Society would like to consult with non-members to understand how the Society is perceived and what it could be doing to attract more members.
Consultation with non-members should include individuals, companies of varying sizes and other groups/organisations/charities.
It is essential for the consultation to engage with a broad spectrum of Birmingham citizens, reflecting our diverse and unique city.
The findings and results of the consultation should be presented to the Trustees and +PLUS Strategy Committee.
Following this, the appointed applicant, will work directly with the +PLUS Strategy Committee in developing the five year strategy. It is envisaged that the strategy will be based around a series of themes that link all of the activities the Society is involved within.
The +PLUS Strategy will be a useable document for the Society and various Committees to develop a more detailed programme/action list/targets. It is not anticipated that the appointed applicant will be involved in this on-going stage, however, should there be a need/opportunity for further input the Society will consider the requirements accordingly at that time.
Birmingham Civic Society require:
– Consultation with Trustees/Ambassadors/Committee Members (active members)
– Consultation with members (individual and corporate)
– Consultation with non-members
– Report on Consultation findings
– Work with the Society and +PLUS Strategy Committee in developing the five year strategy
The consultations will explore items such as the following:
– issues that are important to them in Birmingham
– current/previous Society activities
– future Society activities including 2018 Centenary Celebrations
– the ‘value’ of the Society
– future aspirations/direction of the Society
– perceptions of the Society
– why are they or why would they become a member of the Society
To be considered for the tender, applicants should be able to demonstrate:
– Previous experience of this type of work
– Clear methods of working including description on:
– how the consultation will be conducted
– how the project will be managed
– how the applicant will work with the +PLUS Strategy Committee and broader Trustees in developing the strategy
– Two referees
GENERAL CONTRACTUAL DETAILS
The total budget allocated for this work is £2500.00 incl. VAT.
Payment will be geared to milestones to be agreed with the successful applicant.
The consultation and strategy is to be completed by end of March 2016.
13th November 2015 Invitation to Tender opened
27th November 2015 Closing date for applications
w/c 4th December 2015 Interviews and presentations (date/times to be agreed)
w/c 11th December 2015 Appointment of successful applicant
Responses to this invitation to tender should be sent to:
Birmingham Civic Society, 9 Margaret Street, Birmingham, B3 3BS.
Applications should be no more that 4 sides of A4 and submitted by post or email to the above address by 12pm midday on Friday 27th November 2015.