We are looking for Volunteer Trustees. Interested? Deadline 18 July
Do you care about Birmingham’s heritage?
You could be just the person we need. We are looking for volunteer trustee directors who are really enthusiastic about saving significant historic buildings from decay and involving people in the process.
Who you are
You may be already very busy but willing to commit at least a day a month to the work of the Trust, or you may have more time on your hands and really want to get stuck in and help us develop our new programmes of work.
You don’t need specific formal qualifications but you’ll to be keen to promote the Trust’s work. You have some experience of, or specific skills in, one or more of the following:
- Fundraising (one of our current priorities!)
- People skills (one of our current priorities!)
- Social media expertise (one of our current priorities!)
- Strategic planning development and implementation
- Entrepreneurial and business development
- Legal knowledge
You are whoever you are – Birmingham Conservation Trust is committed to equal opportunities.
Who we are
Birmingham Conservation Trust was set up ‘to preserve and enhance Birmingham’s threatened architectural heritage and to promote an enjoyment and understanding of the City’s historic buildings’.
- We combine imaginative new uses for buildings at risk with sensitive repairs to secure their long-term future.
- We work for the benefit of the people ofBirminghamand its visitors and with local people to find sustainable solutions that address local needs.
- Our culture – innovation, quality, community.
- Your commitment.
If you join us, you will be part of the board of 10 – 14 trustee directors
Your term of office is 3 years for a maximum of two terms.
- Board meetings are held once every two months on a Monday morning in central Birmingham.
- You might join a sub-committee or work with one of the employees to produce information as needed.
- In return, we’ll welcome and support you, work with you and provide guidance and training where necessary.
Want to know more?
Call Elizabeth Perkins on 0121 303 2664 for an informal chat.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV, along with an expression of interest, outlining which area of BCT’s work is of particular interest to you. Please see our website for an overview www.birminghamconservationtrust.org and our Blog for current updates and new areas of work.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for applications is Wednesday 18th July.
We plan to hold an event as part of this recruitment on Friday 27th July 3-6pm, when you will be shown around our current project – Newman Brothers Coffin Fitting Works in Birmingham’s City centre – and you will have a chance to meet other trustees and learn more about the Trust.
Shroud-sewer, researcher, heritage blogger! A huge variety of NEW volunteering roles at the Coffin Fitting Works and Birmingham Conservation Trust – get involved!! « Birmingham Conservation Trust July 11, 2012
[…] week we invited people to apply to be volunteer Trustees for us (oh, go on then… we’ll give it another plug; deadline 18th […]