Love heritage? Come and join us!
Do you care about Birmingham’s heritage?
You could be just the person we need. If you have skills and experience in industry or business, you can help us. We need volunteer trustee directors who are really enthusiastic about saving significant historic buildings from decay.
Who you are
You are probably already busy but willing to commit at least a day a month to the work of the Trust. You don’t need specific formal qualifications but you’ll be keen to promote the Trust’s work. You have some experience of or specific skills in one or more of the following
- Human Resources – you’ll be good at dealing with all sorts of people
- Strategic planning development and implementation
- Entrepreneurial and business development
- Legal knowledge
- Marketing and promotion, including social media
You are whoever you are – Birmingham Conservation Trust is committed to equal opportunities.
Who we are
- Birmingham Conservation Trust was set up ‘to preserve and enhance Birmingham’s threatened architectural heritage and to promote an enjoyment and understanding of the City’s historic buildings’.
- We combine imaginative new uses for buildings at risk with sensitive repairs to secure their long-term future.
- We work for the benefit of the people of Birmingham and its visitors and with local people to find sustainable solutions that address local needs.
- Our culture – innovation, quality, community
- If you join us, you will be part of the board of 10 – 14 trustee directors
- Your term of office is 3 years for a maximum of two terms
- Board meetings are held once every two months on a Monday morning in central Birmingham
- You might join a sub-committee or work with one of the employees to produce information as needed
- In return, we’ll welcome and support you, work with you and provide guidance and training where necessary
Want to know more?
Call Elizabeth Perkins on 0121 303 2664 for an informal chat or
send us an email telling us a bit more about you
Twitted by jenniwaugh August 8, 2011
[…] This post was Twitted by jenniwaugh […]