Simple ways to support this charity if you are involved in business.
Last week Jon Bounds and I spent a night in London as part of some work we were doing. Both of us booked our hotel through the Birmingham Conservation Trust web shop:
As a result the Conservation Trust took a proportion of each booking – in total £12.
These are modest amounts of money, but clearly if many businesses and business folk do the same it will help towards covering the Trusts core costs, which we only normally cover through project work. For Podnosh I routinely use the link to buy stationery, electronics, books, travel and much more. Last month doing what I would have done anyway made the trust nearly £20 better off. As Christmas approaches I expect it will mean even more income.
So how does this work? It’s what’s know as an “affiliate” system. Prices are the same as normal – we’re just getting a cut from the marketing chunk of their budget. That cut varies from 1% up to 20% – with some vendors – such as Sky – we can get up to £150.00 if you sign up for some of their services through the site. Good eh!
If you run a business here are some links and websites which you might want to shop with – oh and the percentage (as of November 2009) cut we get of your spend. For it to work you need to use these link or the links at www.buy.at/birminghamconservation
Office Supplies and Stationery:
- Euroffice Describes itself as the UK’s leading online supplier for small and medium size businesses. The donate between 7% and 15% of each purchase. Contribution: 7-15% through this link: http://eurofficeshop.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=12
- Rymans Office stationery with free delivery on orders over £35.00. Contribution: 8% through this link: http://rymanstationeryshop.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=12
- Caboodle Caboodle has over 10,000 office related products available with competitive online prices. As well as stationery and printer supplies there is a huge range of hardware products such as laptops, digital cameras and printers. Contribution: 12% through this link: http://supplies-officeshop.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
- Cartridge People Cartridge People supply printers, paper, cards, cartridges and much more, all with free delivery in the UK. Note: 8%-12% depending on products purchased. 2% on printers. Contribution: 8-12% through this link: http://inkcartridgesshop.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
- Find My Supplies. Find over 500 heavily discounted printer supplies from ink cartridges to laser toners, printing paper to data storage all at competitive online prices with FREE next day delivery available. Contribution: 8-12% through this link: http://officestationaryshop.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
Electronics and other stuff:
- Amazon Sells almost everything you can imagine. Contribution: 1% through this link: http://supplier.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
- Dabs.com Dabs.com has a range of over 20,000 products ranging from laptops and desktops to TVs and MP3 players so there’s something to suit everyone. Contribution: 2-3% through this link: http://buy-electronicsshop.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
Utilities – energy insurance etc
- Eon B2B Get a business energy quote. All you need is your latest energy bill to get an instant online quote. Sign up for E.ON B2B one year fixed price offer today. Contribution £60 single, £100 for dual fuel this link: http://powerb2bshop.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
- Energy Helpline Business Find the best deals on energy, mobile phone and landline bills for any business. Contribution £20 if you buy through this link: http://bizenergyhelplineshop.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
- Expedia Book city breaks, car hire, hotels, beach holidays and last minute deals at Expedia.co.uk. They’ll also recommend a destination perfectly suited to your needs. Contribution 6% if you buy through this link: http://holidaydestinationsshop.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
- Hotels.com Hotels.com is the Internet’s largest specialised provider in accommodations worldwide, offering savings of up to 70%. Contribution 6% if you buy through this link: http://hotelaccommodationshop.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
- Laterooms.com Offers a wide variety of hotels than can be booked in advance for late arrivals and short stays. Note: A donation is only available on hotels and none of the other ancillary products. Contribution 6% if you buy through this link: http://latehotels.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
- Superbreak Deals on hotel, rail and other breaks with over 1700 hotels in the UK. Donation of 4% through this link: http://shortbreaks.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
- Premier Inn Hotels at low prices at 500 locations across the UK. Donations between 1% and 5%: http://weekendbookingsshop.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
- Ramada Jarvis Stay in one off over 45 hotels across the UK with fantastic seasonal discounts of up to 25% throughout the year. Donations of 8%: http://ramadabookingsshop.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
- Raileasy Want cheap train tickets? Start here, just take a look at the savings you could be making. Donations of 1%: http://travelbyrailshop.at/birminghamconservation?CTY=13
How can we make the most of the next 3 weeks? | Birmingham Conservation Trust December 2, 2009
[…] hard etc. We have also begun looking at how useful ther service might be for epople, for example here we write about how busineses could use it, whilst also earning us […]
Stuff I’ve seen November 1st through to November 2nd | Podnosh November 3, 2009
[…] Supporting Birmingham Conservation Trust if you’re in business – A whole load of ways businesses can support one of my favourite charities – Birmingham Conservation Trust. Non of them cost you any more than a little attention. […]