Volunteer Role Descriptions
Not all volunteering roles are for everyone and some of our volunteering roles need people with specific skills. To help us and you decide if a particular role is suitable for you, we have created descriptions for each of the roles we can offer. These include the responsibilities of the volunteer, the skills and qualities required for the role, and the support and training we can provide.
As of November 2012 we can offer various volunteer roles. You can decide to do one or more roles, and we are looking for more than one volunteer for some roles! Most of the roles relate to the Coffin Fitting Works project, but we do have opportunities to assist the general work of the Trust.
We are urgently looking for volunteers to take up the following roles:
- Role Description Creative Writing Competition Project Coordinator
- Role Description E-Newsletter Coordinator
We are also currently recruiting volunteers for the following roles:
- Role Description Events Assistant at Coffin Fitting Works FULL FOR NOW
- Role Description Fundraiser (individuals doing sponsored or fundraising events to raise money for BCT)
- Role Description Public Consultation Events Assistant FULL FOR NOW
- Role Description BCT Heritage Blogger (social networks – interest in historic building and heritage in Birmingham essential!)
- Role Description Photographer-Interviewer (documenting work of BCT)
- Role Description Senior Learning Officer (experience in delivering heritage education essential)
- Role Description Learning Support Officer (would suit someone who has delivered schools work, or wants to do so in the future)
- Role Description BCT Ambassador (to give talks and presentations about the work of the Trust and the Coffin Fitting Works)
- Role Description Temporary Schools Marketing Officer
- Role Description Researcher_multi-faith funeral rites(on multi-faith funeral rites across Birmingham and the West Midlands) FULL
- Role Description Researcher_newman brothers archive (to extract social history from Newman Brothers archive)
Other volunteering roles we offer, but currently have enough volunteers for:
- Role Description Replica Shroud Sewer (to sew replica shrouds for educational resources) FULL
- Role DescriptionTour Guide at Coffin Fitting Works FULL
- Role Description Volunteer Social Events Coordinator FULL
- Role Description Building Recording Photographer (CFW building works documentation) FULL
- Role Description Bereavement Councillor (to train staff and volunteers in bereavement issues) FULL
- Role Description Temporary Caretaker FULL (we have a leaky roof and lots of buckets to empty – we need help to manage this now and during the restoration!)
We will be recruiting volunteers for some specialist roles in the future.
- Role Description Machinery Maintenance Volunteer (would suit someone with an engineering background)
- Role Description Oral Historian
Even though we are not in a position to recruit for these roles; if you are interested, please still get in touch.